Assistant Solicitor: Commercial Property and Corporate 1 – 2 years PQE – Job Description
Peter Millican Law is a niche commercial law firm based in the centre of Newcastle upon Tyne. The firm advises commercial clients across the spectrum of corporate and commercial law.
As an Assistant Solicitor with this firm, you will be a key member of the team from day one. You will work closely with new and existing clients within a supportive yet busy environment, and be part of a structured training programme designed to ensure your success – now and in the future.
Types of work
The firm advises all level of business – from pre-start to plc. There is a broad spectrum of work undertaken including employment; banking; commercial contracts; litigation; shareholder agreements; shareholder disputes; MBO’s; business sale and purchase; commercial leases, and intellectual property. We work closely with external professional advisers such as accountants, tax specialists and IFA’s and financial planners to achieve the very best results for our Clients. This particular role requires experience in handling commercial property transactions. Ideally, we would also like a team member who has also dealt with, or has a desire to handle, broader commercial work.
Who should apply?
Solicitors with a good academic record, who have achieved a 2.1 degree or higher and can demonstrate commercial awareness, teamwork, motivation and drive, and a strong appreciation of the interests of the Firm’s clients. We would like a team member who has experience working in a commercial law firm, who is currently building a following and is keen to develop their client base.
- To develop and maintain good client relation skills, gaining clients’ confidence and that of other professionals.
- To communicate clearly, concisely and appropriately with both written and spoken word.
- To negotiate with clients and other professionals to secure desired objectives.
- To conduct interviews, assess legal problems, prepare documents and correspondence, conduct research, advise on costs, give advice, record and adhere to deadlines, being proactive when necessary under close supervision.
- To anticipate and where appropriate respond to clients’ needs and demands.
- To work and behave in a professional manner and within the highest standards of the profession.
- To comply with procedures set out in the firm’s Quality Manual, professional standards, including regulatory requirements, Lexcel and any service standards set by the firm, clients or the Legal Services Commission.
- To carry out duties given by the partner or employees faithfully and diligently and follow all reasonable instructions. To treat all information about the firm and its clients and their business as wholly confidential.
- To ensure good working relationships with external institutions and organisations.
- To share information and have clear, precise, professional communication with other personnel of the firm.
- To recognise when a matter exceeds their experience or resources and seek prompt guidance and supervision.
- To participate in the growth and development of the department and firm by participating in assigned projects and contributing suggestions. In particular, you will be expected to attend regular and diverse networking meetings to develop and enhance the Firm’s client and professional contact base and reputation. This will be fully supported by other colleagues in the Firm.
- To allocate sufficient priority to administrative tasks, such as accurate time recording and record keeping, as well as to client case progression.
To be aware of the firm’s marketing strategies and represent the firm creditably in external dealings when required to do so. It will be a key part of the job role to participate regularly in business development and external business networking events and to actively participate in the development of the Practice.
- To keep up to date with developments in law and practice so that the standard of work is not compromised.
- To attend courses as required by the SRA or Firm’s Principal.
- Ability to manage assigned tasks in an assertive, efficient and timely manner.
- Adaptable and able to work in a busy environment.
- Work well under pressure with ability to prioritise workloads.
- The intellect to solve problems, be proactive, use judgment, reasoning and respond to a challenge.
- The ability and inter-personal skills to fit into a small team and foster and develop the excellent culture we have at the Firm.
How to apply
Applicants are asked to send a c.v. and covering letter to Rhaynor Garvin, Practice Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
5 Waterloo Square
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne And Wear
Download Job Description
No agencies please.